Message from the Bishop
“Restrictions lifted, but caution prevails.”
(Updated Aug. 4 2021)
Since mid-June, when COVID-19 positivity rates fell to .7% (their lowest rate since the beginning of the Pandemic) and Bishop McElroy was able to lift all the Mass restrictions put in place to prevent the spread of the disease, two things have happened:
The highly contagious COVID-19 Delta variant has become the dominant strain of the disease in California and positivity rates have increased more than 10 times, topping 7.2% at the end of July.
Health authorities in San Diego and Imperial Counties are following CDC guidance that recommends everyone wear a face covering in indoor public settings, whether they have been vaccinated or not.
The Diocese continues to urge that anyone medically able to receive the COVID-19 vaccine do so and that anyone unvaccinated continue to use a mask around other people. The COVID-19 rules currently observed in our diocese are:
- Masks are recommended at Mass and other indoor diocesan functions for everyone, regardless of vaccination status;
- All restrictions on capacity and spacing for worship have been lifted;
- All limitations on meetings and social activities have been lifted;
- Distribution of the Eucharist on the tongue is now allowed, although it will continue to be available in the hand. The reintroduction of the shared cup will be determined sometime in the future;
- The dispensation from the obligation to attend Sunday Mass has ended. Some members will continue to be exempt, however;
- It is recommended that non-family members bringing the Eucharist to the sick be vaccinated.
- Children under the age of 14 in formation classes and students in Catholic schools will have to continue to wear masks because there is no vaccine yet available for the bulk of these youngsters.
St. Luke Mobile App
To find out more information click HERE
Scrip sales will be offered on the first and last Sunday each month at the 9 AM Mass. Stop by and buy cards for all your needs: gas, groceries, coffee, gifts, and many more. Many cards can be managed directly by you with a St. Luke Family account.
Details and Scrip Pre-order Forms are available at the Scrip table or click the link to download the form.
Proceeds to benefit St. Luke Outreach Ministry.
- Jane Cruz Alfano, Parish Life Director
- Father Don Coleman, Parish Priest
- Deacon Dennie Nickell, Deacon Emeritus
- Deacon Jerry Stenovec, Deacon
- Joanie Maitilasso, Admin Assistant & Bulletin Editor
- Tina Miller, Financial Assistant
- Robert Stevenson, Facilities Manager
- Michelle Hayford, Coordinator of Faith Formation for PreK-5th Grade, Catechesis of the Good Shepherd
- Jennifer Kroeger, Coordinator of Faith Formation for PreK-5th Grade First Eucharist & Reconcillation, Catechesis of the Good Shepherd
- Evelyn Beale, Coordinator Middle/High School Faith Formation & Youth/Young Adult Ministry
- Colin McColl, Cantor
- Susan Paul, Accompanist
- Madeline Flores, Website Administrator
Wednesday: 7:30 AM
Thursday: 7:30 AM
Friday: 7:30 AM
Saturday Vigil: 5:00 PM
Sunday: 9:00 AM, 11:30am, 6:00 PM
Syriac Orthodox Mass
Reconciliation: Saturdays at 3:30 PM
Reporting Sexual Abuse
If you believe that a suspected abuser is currently a priest in ministry or is an employee or volunteer in the Diocese, please get in touch with our Victim Assistance Coordinator immediately so that we may take steps to prevent further abuse. The Victim Abuse Hotline takes calls 24 hours a day in English and Spanish at 858-490-8353 or via email at [email protected].
For more information, please email/call/visit the diocesan sexual abuse web page at https://www.safeinourdiocese.org/.